mailgraph 1.14 and cgi-bin

Rong-en Fan grafan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 07:44:06 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm maintainer of mail/mailgraph. The new version (1.14) contains a
mailgraph.css which must be put in the same directory of mailgraph.cgi.
The problem is, if I install .css to www/cgi-bin, with many apache's
default setting, you can not serve plain file under www/cgi-bin (it
ScriptAlias'ed).  For lighttpd, it should not be a problem.

I came up with two possible solution but neither satisfies me.
One is to install mailgraph.css under www/data/mailgraph and patch
cgi file.  Another way is to install .css to EXAMPLESDIR and tell users
(you) to copy to a proper location (and may be some http configuration
changes).

I'm looking for better solutions to this. My hope is to keep minimal
work required after installation. If there are no better ways, I probably
take the first way.

Regards,
Rong-En Fan