port test error

javier prats javpra at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 09:07:26 PDT 2007

Good morning,

I am new to creating ports, and am running into a little trouble. I have created a Makefile which seems to work correctly when testing with both `portlint -A` and `port test`.  A "registering installation" message is recieved and the program can be executed successfully.  When `port test` attempts to create a package it fails with the following error.

*---  Cut out similar messages to save room --*
tar: metamorphose_1.1.0/icons/failed.png: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 256
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/metamorphose.
===> Error running make package
===> Files currently installed in PREFIX
===> Cleaning up

Below is my Makefile

# New ports collection makefile for:   metamorphose
# Date created:        28 September 2007
# Whom:                javier
#
# $FreeBSD$
#

PORTNAME=       metamorphose
PORTVERSION=    1.1
CATEGORIES=     sysutils
MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE}
MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=     file-folder-ren
DISTNAME=       metamorphose_1.1.0

MAINTAINER=     javpra at FreeBSD.org
COMMENT=        A program to rename files and folders

RUN_DEPENDS=    python:${PORTSDIR}/lang/python24 wxgtk2-unicode:${PORTSDIR}/x11-toolkits/wxgtk26-unicode

USE_GMAKE=      yes
USE_GETTEXT=    YES
MANCOMPRESSED=  yes
MAN1=   metamorphose.1
USE_PYTHON=     2.4
USE_WX= 2.6
WITH_UNICODE=   YES
WX_COMPS=       python
WX_UNICODE=     YES

.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

.if ((${OSVERSION} < 500000))
IGNORE= systems prior to FreeBSD 5.0 do not support Unicode
.endif

.if defined (WITHOUT_NLS)
USE_GETTEXT=    NO
.endif

.include <bsd.port.post.mk>

The package always seems to end up in ${PORTSDIR}/work/${PACKAGENAME}
and that is where it is executable from.  It's as if tar does not know to look there.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Javier Prats