Deinstalling KDE.

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 30 19:24:46 PDT 2007

TooMany Secrets wrote:
> Hi!
>
> First, excuse me if thi isn't the right place to make this question.
>
> I need to deinstall all kde, but without touch k3b and QT. I'm
> thinking to use "pkd_delete -f", but all libraries will remain in
> system. If I use a "pkg_delete -rf", QT library could be deleted.
>
> Any idea to make this?

portmaster has an "expunge" option to handle this. You can use the
following procedure to eliminate all the leaf ports for kde, and all
of their dependencies (that you don't want to keep) in an orderly fashion:

cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster

make clean ; make install clean

portmaster -l
Now take a look at all of the ports in the last category (leaves) and
pick one to deinstall. Then do:

portmaster -e <name of port>
If you're sure that you want to eliminate all the distfiles for the
ports you're deleting, add the -d option. If you're sure you don't
want to delete them, use the -D option, and if you want to do it on a
case by case basis, don't use either. :)

After the first leaf port is deleted portmaster will recurse looking
for its dependencies that are no longer required. When that cycle
ends, do 'portmaster -l' again and pick the next leaf port that you
want to delete. Keep going till you've deleted everything you wanted
to get rid of.

hope this helps,

Doug