the coming cold ... I mean freeze

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Tue Oct 30 18:00:58 PDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 11:35:48PM +0100, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> I put a lot of effort to get the release done (4 days) before the freeze. So
> it's kind of frustrating that it doesn't get in.

I sympathize, but if we let one update in, it is very difficult to not let
them all in.  We (portmgr) will have several hundred approval requests just
for bugfixing during the freeze.

At some point you simply have to say "today's the day" and draw a line,
otherwise, the release process will never get done.

mcl