GNOME 2.20.1 - missunderstanding with UPDATING

Heino Tiedemann rotkaps_spam_trap at gmx.de
Sun Oct 28 05:07:37 PDT 2007

Hi,

in my UPDATING is this entry for the new GNOME:

,----
|     Portupgrade users:
|         # pkgdb -Ff
|         # portupgrade -f -o textproc/rarian textproc/scrollkeeper
|         # portupgrade -a
`----

Situation here: I do not have scrollkeeper installed.

# pkgdb -Ff
--->  Checking the package registry database
# portupgrade -f -o textproc/rarian textproc/scrollkeeper
** No such installed package: textproc/scrollkeeper

But I have installed "gnomehier-2.2_2".

,----
| package 'gnomehier-2.2_2' is required by these other packages
| and may not be deinstalled:
| de-openoffice.org-2.0.3
| easytag-devel-2.1.2
| gconf2-2.18.0.1_1
| gimp-app-2.2.17,1
| gnome-mime-data-2.18.0_1
| gnome-vfs-2.18.1_2
| kdemultimedia-3.5.7_4
| kdemultimedia-xine_artsplugin-3.5.7
| libgsf-1.14.7
| libgtkhtml-2.11.1
| librsvg2-2.18.2
`----

What is the recommendation?

Is it just a "portupgrade -a" in my case?

Heino