ports/117488: [patch] sysutils/screen enable installation of man page

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Fri Oct 26 10:21:18 PDT 2007

In message <47221E77.6030305 at gahr.ch>, Pietro Cerutti writes:
> See my last e-mail. It was my fault, I had NO_INFO in make.conf.
> However, in this situation, the port doesn't handle that directive
> properly. Instead of not installing the INFO page, it aborts the
> installation.

I consider this specific issue resolved.

As far as ports detecting if options have been set in make.conf, that is a
larger issue than with just one port. The ports infrastructure relies on
settings in make.conf that do not negatively interfere with the
infrastructure or ports build process. Options address this issue though if
a person wishes to set a variable in make.conf for an application outside
of the ports infrastructure which could have a negative impact on a build,
it is possible for ports to unset any possible make or environment variable
that would be used during a build to avoid this situation.

I'm CCing this to FreeBSD-ports@ to generate some discussion about the
issue in general and BCC to GNATS to maintain a record of this in the
database.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>