Bacula wx-console's wx version

Alejandro Pulver alepulver at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 25 17:24:30 PDT 2007

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 00:55:01 -0700 (PDT)
Atrox <silver.salonen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Does anyone see a reason why Bacula's wx-console should use WX 2.4? Every
> time I start
> upgrading bacula-client, I just set "USE_WX=2.8" in bacula-server's Makefile
> and it builds and works perfectly. I've also tried compiling it with 2.6 and
> there wasn't any problem with it neither.
>
> So what do you think - is the 2.4 really necessary there or would the
> WX-defaults suffice?

If it works with wxWidgets 2.8, please test it with 2.6 and then you
can set USE_WX to "2.4+", which will use 2.8 by default (at least
2.4/2.6 is installed but not 2.8).

Then if all went fine submit a PR with the patch.

Best Regards,
Ale