ImageMagick modules (Re: ImageMagick - portupgrade failure -amd64 openexr issues)

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Mon Oct 15 07:22:07 PDT 2007

On Monday 15 October 2007 06:07:51 Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> On понеділок 15 жовтень 2007, freebsd-ports-request at freebsd.org wrote:
> = PASS: Magick++/tests/exceptions.sh
> = appendImages: unable to close module `MIFF': Invalid shared object handle
> = 0x80052d000.
>
> Module support remains broken, unfortunately, and is disabled by default.
>
> Please, run `make config' to disable modules and rebuild. Yours,
>
> 	-mi

Thanks -- some questions:

1. Any idea how long Module support will remain broken?

2. does compiling with threads work properly?

i.e.
# make WITH_IMAGEMAGICK_THREADS=yes config
# make WITH_IMAGEMAGICK_THREADS=yes

I am now getting failure and warnings :

** Makefile possibly broken: graphics/ImageMagick:
        "Makefile", line 105: warning: OpenEXR's libIlmThread may prevent
PerlMagick from working
        "Makefile", line 108: warning: DjVu requires threads and will not be
supported
        ImageMagick-6.3.5.10_1

** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
        ! graphics/ImageMagick (ImageMagick-6.3.5.10)   (Makefile broken)
        * www/gallery2 (gallery2-2.2.3)
        * multimedia/libxine (libxine-1.1.7_2)
As you can see I have two depencies not upgrading due to ImageMagick

OpenEXR version:
[root at dns1 /usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick]# pkg_info |grep OpenEXR
OpenEXR-1.6.0       A high dynamic-range (HDR) image file format

Thanks in advance
david