beryl missing windows decorations

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Oct 10 04:21:57 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Petr Holub wrote:
> > Beryl doesn't provide that functionality IIRC, I think you also need
> > emerald installed.
> > Emerald provides the window decorations, and is themeable.
>
> That's exactly why I've included emerald in the package list
> posted previously.
>
> > Beryl is also outdated as the project has merged back with compiz,
> > creating compiz-fusion
>
> I've also Compiz installed: if I turn it on (through beryl-manager),
> I get decorated windows, which are however not resizable using
> handles (button-based maximization works) and can't be moved around :(.
> The following packages are installed for Compiz:
> compiz-0.5.2
> compiz-bcop-0.5.2
> compiz-fusion-plugins-extra-0.5.2_2
> compiz-fusion-plugins-main-0.5.2_1
> compiz-fusion-plugins-unsupported-0.5.2_1
> compizconfig-backend-gconf-0.5.2
> libcompizconfig-0.5.2

You might want to take a look at PC-BSD or ask on their forums.  They got
beryl working out of the box rather nicely, though I noticed missing
window decorations on occasion for some windows (without any pattern I
could figure out).

In any case, this is certainly an issue to take upstream as it's rather
unlikely to be a FreeBSD issue.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org