Help2man configure fails .

jaiswal.vikash at wipro.com jaiswal.vikash at wipro.com
Wed Oct 10 04:00:42 PDT 2007

Hello ,

I am trying to install help2man utility on my solaris system ( SunOS
my_pc 123  5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 ).
But I'm always getting an error :
    checking for perl... perl
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking for suffix of executables...
    checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
    checking for library containing dlsym... -ldl
    checking for module Locale::gettext... no
    configure: error: perl module Locale::gettext required

I have already installed perl on my system.
The output of 'perl -version' is :

        This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for sun4-solaris
        Copyright 1987-1999, Larry Wall
        Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic
License or the
        GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0
source kit.

        Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be
found on
        this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have
access to the
        Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl
Home Page.

Can anyone please suggest me how to get across this problem .

Regards ,
Vikash

www.wipro.com