The scandalous status of linux-flashplugin9

John Reynolds johnjen at reynoldsnet.org
Mon Oct 8 08:10:12 PDT 2007

[ On Monday, October 8, Scot Hetzel wrote: ]
> The port is not broken as the flash9 port is not compiled, it just
> installs the linux flash9 binary.  What is broken is the linux
> emulation on FreeBSD < 7. Work is underway to improve the linux
> emulation in -CURRENT.
>
> I agree the port should be marked broken for OSVERSION < 7000xx, and
> compat.linux.osrelease = 2.4.2, as the flash9 plugin may require
> 2.6.16 linux emulation.

Is there a handbook or wiki entry which would point one to the procedure for
"properly" moving from 2.4.2 to 2.6.16 emulation under -current? I believe I
saw some posts that 2.6.x would not be default for 7.0-RELEASE for whatever
technical reason.....

Can anybody report success on -current with 2.6.16 emulation with the flash9
plugin?

thx.

-Jr

--
John & Jennifer Reynolds  johnjen at reynoldsnet.org        www.reynoldsnet.org
Structural/Physical Design - some group - Intel   jreynold at sedona.ch.intel.com
Running FreeBSD since 2.1.5-RELEASE.   KT7JCR        FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!
"Unix is user friendly, it's just particular about the friends it chooses."