struct wi_req: how to deal with removal, affects multiple ports

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 13:07:41 PDT 2007

Hi,

on July 11th you removed the definition for struct wi_req on -CURRENT
from sys/dev/wi/if_wavelan_ieee.h with the following commit message

revision 1.21
date: 2007/07/11 21:25:48;  author: thompsa;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -0
Now that wicontrol has been removed from the base system the corresponding
ioctls can be removed. These have been #ifdef'd out and left as a reference in
case any of the RIDs need to be turned into sysctls at a later date.

Reviewed by:    sam, avatar
Approved by:    re (kensmith)

I don't know why, but recently at least the ports xwlans and wmwifi fail
to build because of the missing definition, I guess. bsd-airtools has
recently been flagged as broken, too. Presumably due to the same reason.

How should these ports deal with this? Both are calling SIOCGWAVELAN
with wi_type set to WI_RID_COMMS_QUALITY.

Cheers,
Ulrich Spoerlein
--
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt.