problem with mount_ntfs-3g

Suhaib . biahus at operamail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:08:46 PST 2007

I had the same problem on RELENG_7 and made a minor edit to mount
for ntfs-3g to work. However,I have not had the time to investigate
whether or not it is the correct solution, see the comment about
nmount() in mount.c

To try out the change apply the attached patch file from /usr/src,
then cd to /usr/src/sbin/mount and run make. A quick test...

# mount -t ntfs-3g -o ro /dev/da8s1 /mnt
mount: /dev/da8s1 : Operation not supported by device

# /usr/obj/usr/src/sbin/mount/mount -t ntfs-3g -o ro /dev/da8s1 /mnt

--
Suhaib