lang/perl5.8 fails

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue Nov 27 07:51:19 PST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007, at 4:18 AM, pobox at verysmall.org wrote:

> Thinking in retrospective - /etc/make.conf was perhaps not the best
> place to put USE_APACHE=2.2 when I needed it only for php.

Sure it is a great place to set options...

Try something like this:

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/lang/erlang}
WITHOUT_ODBC=YES
WITHOUT_JAVA=YES
.endif

to set specific options for specific ports.

As for requesting Apache 2, I find it best to first install apache
version you want, then letting the ports find the one that is
installed, rather than expecting them to install the right version.
That said, this is honored by many ports:

WITH_APACHE2=YES