WITH_/WITHOUT_ variables confusing

Naram Qashat cyberbotx at cyberbotx.com
Mon Nov 26 15:05:08 PST 2007

Just to throw in my 2 cents, as far as I understand the way the OPTIONS list
works, when the Makefile has the option (say, option XXX) as on, it sets
WITH_XXX, and if the Makefile has the option off, it sets WITHOUT_XXX.  The port
maintainer should be checking if the opposite is defined in case the user
decides they want the opposite effect to occur.  So in your example, WITH_SERVER
would be set because of OPTIONS, and the Makefile should be checking if
WITHOUT_SERVER is set by the user.  If the Makefile isn't checking
WITHOUT_SERVER and only checking WITH_SERVER, you'll never have the option to
enable or disable the option at will.  That's been my take on it, and it seems
to be valid.  If any part of what I've said is wrong or hard to understand, let
me know.

Naram Qashat