Idea about the ports tree included in the release

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 23 20:01:02 PST 2007

In thinking about the guy who posted to -stable about using the tar'ed
up version of the ports tree, I had an idea that would make that more
useful. How hard would it be to include the c[v]sup checkouts file
with the tarball, and install it into some standard location? I think
that would greatly increase the utility of the tarball, since you
could start from there and immediately update to the latest version
without having to pull down the whole tree again.

Doug