stlport

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Sun Nov 18 19:00:31 PST 2007

Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> I am trying to get the devel/stlport to work on FreeBSD 7.0.  A start is
> to add the line
> USE_GCC=    3.4
> in the appropriate place in the Makefile, but then it becomes clear that
> some additional change is needed to stlport/config/stl_gcc.h.  This file
> is the most convoluted mess of #if's I have ever seen.  The attached
> patch works on my particular system, but clearly it is a fudge and won't
> be universal to other situations.
>
> Is anyone working on this?  If not, would you guys be kind enough to
> make my patch more proper?
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen

Just to clarify, the appropriate bits I added were:

+#     define tempi386 i386
+#     undef i386
+#     define _STLP_NATIVE_INCLUDE_PATH
/usr/local/lib/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd7.0/3.4.6/include/c++
+#     define _STLP_NATIVE_OLD_STREAMS_INCLUDE_PATH
/usr/local/lib/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd7.0/3.4.6/include/c++
+#     define i386 tempi386

and

+#define _STLP_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_CLASSES