FreeBSD Port: vlc-0.8.6.c_5,2 (Volume bar position)

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Thu Nov 15 12:43:39 PST 2007

Hi everyone.

I've noticed a problem in VLC recently with the position of the volume
bar. I did some searching and found this thread on the VLC forums:

http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=40525

The volume bar on different FreeBSD machines of mine looks the same as
that screenshot. The second post down says to use wxgtk2.6 instead of
2.8, so I rebuilt VLC with "USE_WX=2.6" in the Makefile on two
different FreeBSD machines and it solved the volume bar problem.

Is there any specific reason that the port uses 2.8? If not, then could
it be updated in the tree to use 2.6 to fix the volume bar problem? I
can submit a PR/patch if necessary.

Thanks a lot,

-Mark

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)