qmail-scanner - Makefile - QS_NOTIFY not handled correctly?

Rainer Schwarze rsc at admadic.de
Thu Nov 8 19:25:06 PST 2007

Hi,

while trying to configure qmail-scanner, I ran across a few problems.
I'm a newbie for FreeBSD so I'd like to ask a few questions before
filing PRs etc :-) So here we go:

There is an option QS_NOTIFY in the Makefile which is handled ".if
!defined(..." however, the case when it *is* defined is not there and
thus specifying for instance QS_NOTIFY="admin" has no effect.

If someone (who does FreeBSD for longer time than me) could look at the
Makefile of qmail-scanner and confirm, that QS_NOTIFY is not passed
along to the configure script, I would go ahead and try to create a fix
and submit a PR.

( quick link to the Makefile:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/mail/qmail-scanner/Makefile?rev=1.18;content-type=text%2Fplain
)