Please test: mplayer 1.0 rc2

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Nov 8 14:59:42 PST 2007

> Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 11:12:49 +0900
> From: "Thomas Zander" <thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com>
>
> On 07/11/2007, Kevin Oberman <oberman at es.net> wrote:
>
> > 'acodec=aac' worked in the version now in ports, although that version
> > failed to write the header with a floating point error. :-(
>
> Does this mean it has never been in a really useful state?
>
> Riggs

The problem prior to rc2 turned out to be a bad faac port. Now that I
have rolled it back to 1.25, the current rc1 port works again.
Unfortunately, rc2 still says that 'aac' is not a valid lavcodec option.

I can encode with '-oac faac' which really should use the same code
under the hood, but it still seems like something is broken in rc2.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)