perl vunlnerabilities

Andy Greenwood greenwood.andy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 11:26:57 PST 2007

I got the notice this morning like I'm sure a lot of others did, but I
had a question. My home computer didn't show anything even after running
portaudit -Fa, and I wondered if this is because I'm running
perl-threaded on that box. It seems that I should have been notified,
since I find it rather unlikely that defining WITH_THREADS changes the
regex engine it uses. I have not looked at any code, so this is a wild
guess. I'm updating all my perls just in case, but I thought someone
should know in case the portaudit db needs to be updated.