What has happened to the Exim port?

Anton Berezin tobez at tobez.org
Thu May 31 11:25:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 10:45:35AM +0100, Freminlins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Despite trying to build this port with WITH_EXIMON=no in the Makefile it
> seems to still require X11:
>
> mail# make
> On FreeBSD before 6.2 ports system unfortunately can not set default X11BASE
> by itself so please help it a bit by setting X11BASE=${LOCALBASE} in
> make.conf.
> On the other hand, if you do wish to use non-default X11BASE, please set
> variable USE_NONDEFAULT_X11BASE.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Any ideas why? This never used to happen. I just want to build exim without
> eximon or X11. I can't see a relevant comment in the CVS changes.

It has nothing to do with exim, it's what the current ports collection tells
you.  If you do not have X (old or new) on the machine in question, just do
what it says (put X11BASE=${LOCALBASE} in /etc/make.conf) and proceed as
usual.

\Anton.
--
We're going for 'working' here. 'clean' is for people with skills...
-- Flemming Jacobsen