make: Max recursion level (500) exceeded.: Resource temporarily unavailable

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Tue May 29 15:01:20 UTC 2007

Quoting eculp at encontacto.net:

> Quoting Dhénin Jean-Jacques <dhenin at gmail.com>:
>
>> I had this problem when i had RUBY_VERSION in make.conf
>>
>> I think only PERL_VER and PERL_VERSION is in make.conf
>
> I only had #WITH_BDB_VER=44 and I've commented it out but still no
> cigar.  It definitely seems related to this upgrade.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion,

Actually, you did give me a great idea with the Ruby reference.  I
have been using portupgrade since I started with the local base and
xorg upgrade.  I realized that the problem initiated then.  I just
upgraded a half dozen ports with portmaster and zero problems.

Thanks again, I just forgot to read between the lines.

ed

P.S.  For what ever I was seeing the following with every port using
portupgrade :
   install  -o root -g wheel -m 444 'libpcrecpp.pc'
'/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/libpcrecpp.pc'
===>   Compressing manual pages for pcre-7.1
===>   Running ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib
===>   Registering installation for pcre-7.1

make: Max recursion level (500) exceeded.: Resource temporarily unavailable

===>  Building package for pcre-7.1

make: Max recursion level (500) exceeded.: Resource temporarily unavailable

Creating package /usr/ports/packages/All/pcre-7.1.tbz
Registering depends:.
Creating bzip'd tar ball in '/usr/ports/packages/All/pcre-7.1.tbz'