make: Max recursion level (500) exceeded.: Resource temporarily unavailable

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Tue May 29 12:39:29 UTC 2007

On all my machines (both current and stable) that I've initiated the
xorg mega upgrade I'm seeing:
make: Max recursion level (500) exceeded.: Resource temporarily unavailable

I remember having seen this previously and googled for it and found a
ports thread from a couple of years ago that wasn't much help which
follows:

      > This is usually because you specified an illegal USE_* option in the
      > make environment, but perhaps someone committed a mistake.

      Got it - because someone pointed out a bug in another thread.

      I'm tripping over ports/37596.

Is anyone else having this problem or can point me in the right
direction to fix it.

Thanks

ed