xorg modularity

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon May 28 01:47:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 10:16:11AM +1000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> It has been discussed on IRC, and I'm pretty sure that flz@ has
> been thinking about it during his sweat-shop-job. My opinion is:
> let's do the upgrade to 7.2 and the new framework first, then see
> what can be done about OPTIONizing it.

My own feeling that is if we had spent the time trying to futher
divide it up, it would have taken more time for our long-suffering folks
to get it into the tree.  That said, there's a lot of the demo and
developer junk that few people need.

Maybe I can talk myself into graphing the dependencies this week, that
might make it possible to visualize it.

mcl