Discontinued projects

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 24 10:50:03 UTC 2007

Le Jeu 24 mai 07 à 12:16:26 +0200, Gabor Tjong A Hung <g.v.tjongahung at gmail.com>
 écrivait :
> What happens with discontinued projects?
> They seem to pollute our ports tree.
>
> http://tmsnc.sourceforge.net/ seems to indiacte that the project is
> discontinued. Shouldn't its port be removed from the ports tree then?
> I've noticed the same with several other ports.
> http://koti.mbnet.fi/jarmonik/MathPlanner.html aka editors/MathPlanner

Well, if they are still usuable, why would we remove them?

In the future, they might break for some reason (unfetchable, broken
with a new compiler version, not compatible with some dependency, etc.):
at this time, let's see if someone take time to fix them; if not, they
will be marked as deprecated, and then removed.

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.