can't startx after xorg upgrade: could not open default font 'fixed'

Etienne Robillard granted14 at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 14:50:50 UTC 2007

Hi eculp,

Yes -- I'm gettting the same results here on
7.0-CURRENT.
I've compiled with gcc 3.4.6 and trying to start
/usr/local/bin/X returns a segmentation fault and the
message you've described below.

I dont know if that could help but maybe you could
try recompiling x11-fonts/xorg-fonts and see what
it does ?

Thanks in advance for letting me know once you've
found a proper solution.. :)

Kind regards,

Etienne