xorg 7.2 upgrade (using packages) -- some problems

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Wed May 23 11:56:47 UTC 2007

Hello!

Why does mergebase.sh not compare files that cause conflicts and
deletes, if they are the same? "./lib/X11/fonts/local/fonts.dir" was the
same for me in local and X11R6.

And then portupgrade with "-P" installed some conflicting ports, because
it uses "-f" for package installs:

Following UPDATING, I changed portupgrade to portupgrade-devel, but
portupgrade reinstalled the non-devel version, probably as a dependency
to desktopbsd-tools that got upgraded.

gutenprint-base / gimp-gutenprint got installed over gimp-print as a
dependency to gimp.

Luckily, there was no ghostscript-gpl-8.56_4 package, otherwise it
probably would have overwritten ghostscript-gnu. "make install" was wise
enough not to do so. This way, there were only many complains about
ghostscript-gpl missing.

I had both hplip and hpijs installed, because only hplip lists hpijs as
conflict but not vice-versa. Of course, portupgrade upgraded both.

Not really an issue: portupgrade would not install portaudit over the
same version but in a different category. Thus, I still have it in
security and not ports-mgmt. I only got some error messages.

Regards,
Jan Henrik