ssh X11 forwarding and X.org 7.2

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Tue May 22 19:25:56 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 09:20:38PM +0200, Benjamin Lutz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since X.org is no longer located in /usr/X11R6, ssh X11 forwarding is
> broken since ssh no longer finds xauth.

Only if you didn't follow the directions (hint: /usr/X11R6 should be a
symlink ;-)

> This can be fixed by manually
> setting XAuthLocation in sshd_config. But could some committer also
> change the paths in /usr/src/crypto/openssh accordingly so the new
> location becomes the default? Thanks!

This and other things should be fixed over time, but there are
thousands of them in ports (including some binary applications that
would require a new build from the vendors) so it will be a multi-year
effort at best, and in practise probably something we'll have to carry
around forever.

Kris