FreeBSD Port: mysql-server-5.1.18

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 20 23:47:25 UTC 2007

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 07:25:04PM -0400, Paul Laudanski wrote:
> Steven Hartland wrote:
> > Should be able to just roll your ports tree back to when it included
> > 5.1.X or manually update the couple of files required and then rebuild.
> > That said it may not be that which is causing your issue check to see if
> > you enhancing the memory sizes using the following, N.B. adjust sizes to
> > be appropriate on your machine.
> >
> > kern.maxdsiz="4G"
> > kern.dfldsiz="4G"
> > kern.maxssiz="512M"
> >

> Hi Steve, thanks.  I'm not currently setting any of those in
> /boot/loader.conf.  On the 8GB memory box, are those values OK?  Set and
> reboot then?

Taken from our /boot/loader.conf, which also explains what some of the
values are actually for.  Machine has 2GB of RAM.  And yes, set those
and reboot.

# Increase maximum allocatable memory on a process to 768MB.
# We don't choose 2GB (our amount of RAM) since that would
# exhaust all memory, and result in a kernel panic.  Maximum
# stack size is still set to 128MB.  One can view these
# settings using limits(1).
#
# dfldsiz = Initial data size limit (bytes)
# maxdsiz = Maximum data size limit (bytes)
# dflssiz = Initial stack size limit (bytes)
# maxssiz = Maximum stack size limit (bytes)
#
kern.maxdsiz="768M"
kern.dfldsiz="768M"
kern.maxssiz="128M"