X.org 7.2 ports merged into the FreeBSD Ports Tree

Thomas Hurst tom.hurst at clara.net
Sun May 20 18:56:29 UTC 2007

* Erwin Lansing (erwin at FreeBSD.org) wrote:

> The commit broke freshports in new and interesting ways.  The size of
> the commit makes two jobs deadlock eachother in some way, but
> unfortunately Dan is busy with BSDCan and now PGcon, so it can take a
> couple of days before he has time to look more closely into it.

It broke freshbsd too; the import and database side was fine, but all
those files seemed to cause a minor computational complexity issue with
the version of ActiveRecord I'm using and eager association loading,
meaning the pages were taking minutes of CPU to generate and mostly
timing out.

It was an 18 character diff to remove part of the join and let
ActiveRecord just select files from each commit in seperate queries:

http://freshbsd.org/2007/05/19/?project=freebsd&committer=flz&module=ports

Oh, and I've just noticed my times are all off by an hour.  !")£%^!"&*£(

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst
    http://hur.st/