X.org 7.2 ports merged into the FreeBSD Ports Tree

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sat May 19 21:57:03 UTC 2007

On 2007-May-19 21:49:28 +0100, Florent Thoumie <flz at freebsd.org> wrote:
>As you may already know, the X11 team has been working hard for the past
>few months to upgrade X.org ports to 7.2. After a couple of weeks of
>testing, we've finally committed this upgrade. We also decided to make
>the PREFIX merge at the same time (moving X11BASE into LOCALBASE), which
>explains why there are thousands of ports affected by this commit.

Thanks very much to everyone who has worked on this.

That rates as the biggest commit I recall seeing:
- Affecting 7868 files
- Updating 6168 ports
- Creating 255 new ports
- 700KB, 14553 line commit message

I presume there will be followup commits at some stage to fix
src/etc/defaults/rc.conf src/etc/defaults/periodic.conf and
src/etc/login.conf

--
Peter Jeremy