Specs for saving old shared libs

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 18 12:43:42 PDT 2007

Doug Barton píše v pá 18. 05. 2007 v 12:29 -0700:
> Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> > Doug Barton píše v c(t 17. 05. 2007 v 13:06 -0700:
> >
> >> What might
> >> be useful in this regard is if someone were to start a new thread
> >> describing exactly what the desired behavior is, and ideally to
> >> include a description of how portupgrade does it now.
> >
> > Just before old package deinstall, scan the list of files installed by
> > old port (pkg_info -g). Match .so.X files under PREFIX/lib and any
> > ldconfig'ed paths 1*), copy them away to /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg.
>
> That sounds pretty straightforward. My first instinct is to implement
> this by matching the output of 'ldconfig -r', does that sound like
> what you're asking for?

Yes, that would work too, I guess. Also, I think another ldconfig
-r /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg is needed after this step, to cover for the
period between deinstallation and installation (even for straight
upgrades).

> > After installation of new port, match .so.X files again. If same
> > filenames appear, remove old copies from /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg.
>  >
> > Finally, ldconfig -r /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg
>
> Ok, that makes sense too. This doesn't sound too hard to implement, so
> I'll take a look at adding this as an option soon.

Thanks!

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

It's now using GIFs instead of JPEGs. This is similar to replacing
triangular wheels with round ones.