xorg7.2 upgrade and glxgears

David Thiel lx at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 18 17:47:35 UTC 2007

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 10:49:45PM +0200, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> > It seems that the WITH_NVIDIA_GL=0 triggers the ifdef statements in
> > yuvrect_client.c. So I suggest this is a bug in the port. Setting
> > WITH_NVIDIA_GL simply shouldn't happen.
>
> After fixing the port it builds and installs fine. However,
> glxgears also reports a failed request. I cannot help but think
> that mesa with radeon is broken.

I get the same problem (I think) with an i945GM:

[lx at dt ~ 755 ] glxgears
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x5b
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  159 (DAMAGE)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  4 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  37

With the nvidia driver I was able to disable Damage events, but the i810
driver doesn't seem to have this option...