vlock: new upstream maintainer

Frank Benkstein frank-vlock at benkstein.net
Fri May 18 00:27:28 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just wanted to inform you that I am the new upstream maintainer
of the vlock package. I got hold of the original author, Michael Johnson
[1], and wanted to send him some patches. Instead he suggested that I
take up maintenance because he hadn't looked at the sources for a long
time himself.

 From now on you may find newer versions at [2] and I am willing to look
at any pending bug reports, patches, or feature requests from you.

The next version will only incorporate my own changes and otherwise only
deal with cosmetic changes (compile time warnings, license clarification).

For future versions I have some more features on my mind and I will
probably declare shadow support dead and make PAM the only option. Also
  I will try to keep (or enhance) FreeBSD compatibility, if I can get
hold of some machine with root access (will try qemu first).

I'd be more than happy to hear from you, best regards
Frank Benkstein.

[1]: http://www.danlj.org/mkj/
[2]: http://cthulhu.c3d2.de/~toidinamai/vlock/vlock.html
[3]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/security/vlock/

--
GPG (Mail): 7093 7A43 CC40 463A 5564  599B 88F6 D625 BE63 866F
GPG (XMPP): 2243 DBBA F234 7C5A 6D71  3983 9F28 4D03 7110 6D51