HEADS UP: xorg 7.2 ready for testing

Craig Boston craig at yekse.gank.org
Thu May 17 17:44:29 UTC 2007

Another success story for the fire, I can report a successful upgrade on
another machine -- upgrading the existing ports, not a clean install.
Used portmaster instead of portupgrade and didn't run into any problems.

I did take the slow and cautious route of upgrading a few of the ports
at a time, starting with xorg-libraries, then the individual pieces of
the meta port, finally the xorg meta port itself and then applications.
I have no reason to believe that a simple portmaster -a wouldn't work,
that's just the way I always tend to upgrade.

Xorg 7.2 works.  nvidia-driver works.  Even managed to get beryl working
(which I have to say is _very_ exciting to see something like that
running on FreeBSD).

Note to anyone wanting to run beryl -- bump kern.ipc.shmall up to at
least 16384 or 32768 to avoid strange things happening.

Craig