Time to abandon recursive pulling of dependencies?

Thu May 17 15:53:06 UTC 2007

Quoting Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen at math.missouri.edu> (Thu, 17 May 2007 08:14:43 -0500):

> Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Quoting Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> (Thu, 17 May 2007 11:44:36 +0200):
> >
> >> For the difference between the redirected output case: I think the
> >> gnome terminal needs a lot of time to print all the lines. But still,
> >> the awk version takes around 3/4 of the time (interesting is the user
> >> time, not the total time). Stephen's version can be speed up some
> >> fractions by inserting a break into the first while-loop.
> >>
> >> Attached is my awk-version and the awk version which also includes the
> >> direct dependencies.
> >
> > After a little review: For the awk version the embedded "sort -u" can
> > be removed (it is done in the PKG_ARGS part), for Stephen's version it
> > is necessary to cut down processing time in the following part.
>
> Agreed

I played around a little bit with this, new version attached (simple
error handling in awk, doing just one awk for all files).

Comments please.

Stephen, if I don't get problem reports I will send-pr this as you
suggested.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
STANDARDS:
	The principles we use to reject other people's code.