Time to abandon recursive pulling of dependencies?

Wed May 16 09:11:44 UTC 2007

Quoting Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen at math.missouri.edu> (from
Tue, 15 May 2007 16:53:35 -0500):

> Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
>> Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

>>> 2.  Sorting the dependencies in pkg_create.  My fix now cuts this
>>> out completely.  Thus there is no need to change the structure of
>>> /var/db/pkg to use databases or anything like this.
>>
>> I haven't had time to look at your patches, but are your removing second
>> order dependancies? This would cut down the tree size considerably.
>
> No.  No second order dependencies are removed.  The new algorithm does
> exactly the same as the old one did, only it works a lot faster.

Would you please tell me what kind of output you need (which order of
pkgname & origin and which seperator between them), I want to provide
an awk script to you which produces this based upon +CONTENTS. It
should cut down some program invocations and a make call (IIR your
patch correctly).

Bye,
Alexander.

--