HEADS UP: xorg 7.2 ready for testing

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Tue May 15 13:08:42 UTC 2007

"Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Reporting success on one of my desktops. It's a current/i386
> box with a little over 1000 packages (after the upgrade).

No major problems on RELENG_6/i386 with little over 700 packages.

At first xorg's radeon driver was really slow after the
update and took something between seven and ten seconds to
redraw the screen (without logging any errors).

The problem disappeared after commenting out:

Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"

It used to work before, although I don't
remember if it actually improved anything
or just didn't make anything worse.

Fabian