Thunderbird & OpenLDAP (Was: Re: HEADS UP: xorg 7.2 ready for testing)

Tim Bishop tdb at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 14 00:34:35 UTC 2007

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 07:05:05PM -0400, Howard Goldstein wrote:
> Tim Bishop wrote:
> > The problem is identical with all three. I have openldap installed:
> >
> > openldap-client-2.3.35
> >
> > And it's the owner of /usr/local/include/lber.h.
> >
> > I can't see why this problem has emerged now - these apps were already
> > sharing /usr/local. Maybe it's unrelated to the xorg upgrade?
>
> It seems to be unrelated. There's a PR for this.  A workaround is this

Ah, well spotted! I hadn't noticed that PR.

On closer inspection it's fairly obvious where the problem is. The
included lber-int.h includes "lber.h". This isn't in the current
directory and looking at the compiler options we can see how it finds
the system installed version rather than the local version first:

cc ... -I/usr/local/include ... -I../../../ldap/include ...

But I'm not sure where to start looking in this build system to fix it ;-)

Tim.

--
Tim Bishop
http://www.bishnet.net/tim/