Time to abandon recursive pulling of dependencies?

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Sun May 13 22:32:56 UTC 2007

I have looked into making the registration and package-building process
even faster.  It seems to me that the easiest way would be to redesign
the package database so that it also includes a
package-name/+DEPENDENCIES file, which would be a kind of reverse of
package-name/+REQUIRED_BY.  This could be used instead of "make
package-depends" in creating PKG_ARGS in bsd.port.mk.  Creating
+DEPENDENCIES would be very easy - you "cat" together the files of the
immediate dependencies ${RUN_LIB_DEPENDS} and do a "uniq" to the final
result.

Stephen