Local ports "up-to-date" version doesn't match website

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Fri May 11 19:30:14 UTC 2007

Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Locally I see this:
>
> /usr/ports/www/lynx-ssl> pkg_version -v
> [...]
> lynx-ssl-2.8.5_2                    =   up-to-date with port
>

> But freebsd.org website shows 2.8.6_4,1
>
> How do I get my ports to know what's actually available?
>

> thanks,
> -Walter
> running os version 4.10
Freebsd 4.x is no longer supported in any way. Newer ports will not
build on 4.x. You should consider upgrading to 6.2.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Port Maintainer - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html