How to prevent make compiling a binary?

Wesley Shields wxs at atarininja.org
Tue May 8 06:27:30 PDT 2007

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 02:51:46PM +0200, Stevan Tiefert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 08.05.2007, 08:35 -0400 schrieb Lowell Gilbert:
> > Stevan Tiefert <stevan_tiefert at yahoo.de> writes:

> > > 4) I build a port with this only needed lib in it. Already done:
> > > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=112499
> >
> > But that still installs the standard C library with the vulnerability
> > in it.  In what way is that better (or even significantly different)
> > than option 2?
>
> I want to provide a new port for german text-to-speech-system. And as a
> dependency I need the NATIVE running audio/mbrola.
>
> It is NOT desireable that if somebody want to install my port he got the
> error message: compat3x-20020925.tar.gz is forbidden to install! Should
> I tell EVERY guy on my help-mailinglist (and I promise you it will be
> almost 90% of the e-mails) you have to hack the Makefile-entry manually
> to install my port?
>
> It is easier to install my convinient "misc/mbrola_compat-1.0" without
> the forbidden tag. And I don't want to be blamed that I write a patch
> which is changing foreign Makefiles of other maintainer!

Unless I'm missing something you're looking at providing the compat3x
libraries (or a sub-set thereof) in your port?

You do what you feel is necessary to get it to work, however; Is it your
intention to submit this port for inclusion in the tree?  I am
concerned that if you submit this new port for inclusion in the tree
that you will be introducing the exact vulnerabilities which are
documented in the compat3x port.

-- WXS