make -D recent problem?

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Fri May 4 09:05:22 UTC 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007 18:17:48 Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 05:43:06PM -0300, JoaoBR wrote:

> > > No, that's some random command you made up that has nothing to do with
> > > what I asked you to do.
> >
> > that's randomly right :) mine is the shortcut to Rome and your's the
> > other way around the globe ...
>
> No, you're doing something completely irrelevant and wrong.  Anyway,
> I'm tired of arguing with you: you obviously are convinced you know

I don't know what this personal kicks are doing here, you didn't got angree
about my better shortcut isn't it? :)

> what you're doing, so who am I to tell you otherwise.

at least you're some with taken rights for making lame critics,  because "you
wrong because You didn't do what I asked for" is is pretty useless, isn't
that right Kristian?

let's see then if you are also some enough to explain technical what he is
talking about and tell me also what is wrong about my thoughts here

again what I said, resuming

1 - when installing a pkg/port it needs certain files
2 - which are coming from the OS or another port
3 - pkg install failes when not finding any of those files

in order to find out what is wrong I query the dependency port's file list

given that no port installes the required files [into the right place] I have
only two possible answers here:

A - the port install is wrong because it 's looking in the wrong place
B - the dependency port installs the files into the wrong place or not at all

given then that only some ports have this problem (dia for example) my guess
that this port has a problem and not gtk-2 (origin of the files in question)
is pretty much logical

so now it 's your turn to tell what is wrong with this ...

--

João