HEADS UP: xorg upgrade plans

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Wed May 2 21:58:24 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2 May 2007, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> In particular all ports committers are expected to participate in this
> process of eating our own dogfood :)

Our marketing folks educated me to use the phrase "drinking our own
champagne" instead. :)

> 5) CVS will stay frozen for a period to be evaluated (probably another
> couple of weeks) to deal with the inevitable remaining fallout as
> users encounter yet more problems with the upgrade.

Does this freeze apply to the whole ports tree, or only (relatively
directly) affected parts of the tree?  For example, does this also
apply to lang/gccXY?

Gerald
--
Gerald (Jerry) Pfeifer   gerald at pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/