Mixed archives woes

Pontus Stenetorp ninjin at kth.se
Sat Mar 31 20:17:50 UTC 2007

Greetings,

I have been working on a port for pyFastaudio bindings, well I have got
a lot of help from Carl Johan Gustavsson. But now I have run into some
severe problems. In order to build properly pyFastaudio requires the
source for Fastaudio. This has all been sorted out, but there is a
packaging problem. Fastaudio is distributed using zip and pyFastaudio as
tar. The solution at the moment has been to re-pack Fastaudio to tar and
then distribute it from another ftp. This feels rather ugly, but is it
in your opinion a "good" solution? Or is there a know better solution?
The Makefile is pasted below.

This is my first port and the handbook has been a great help but when it
comes to this I can't find any answers. I am not a member of the ports
mailing list so please cc me if you reply.

Best regards,
Pontus Stenetorp

# New ports collection makefile for: py-fastaudio
# Date created:		3 March 2007
# Whom:			Pontus Stenetorp <ninjin at kth.se>
#			Carl Johan Gustavsson <cjg at bsdmail.org>
#
# $FreeBSD$
#

PORTNAME=	fastaudio
PORTVERSION=	0.1
CATEGORIES=	audio python
MASTER_SITES=	http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyPortAudio/:site1 \
		http://cjg.mine.nu/~ninjin/distfiles/:site2
PKGNAMEPREFIX=	${PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX}
DISTNAME=	fastaudio
DISTFILES=	fastaudio.tar.gz:site1 portaudio_v18_1.tar.gz:site2
DIST_SUBDIR=	python

MAINTAINER=	ninjin at kth.se
COMMENT=	Python bindings for the PortAudio multi-platform audio library

BUILD_DEPENDS=	pyrexc:${PORTSDIR}/devel/pyrex
LIB_DEPENDS=	portaudio:${PORTSDIR}/audio/portaudio

PLIST_FILES=	lib/%%PYTHON_VERSION%%/site-packages/fastaudio.so
PLIST_DIRS=
EXAMPLESDIR=	${LOCALBASE}/share/examples/py-${PORTNAME}

USE_PYTHON=	yes
USE_PYDISTUTILS=yes

.if !defined(WITHOUT_EXAMPLES)
PLIST_DIRS+=	share/examples/py-${PORTNAME}
PLIST_FILES+=	share/examples/py-${PORTNAME}/demo.py
.endif

post-patch:
	@${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's|%%LOCALBASE%%|${LOCALBASE}|g' \
		${WRKSRC}/setup.py ${WRKSRC}/mysndfile.h
# Borrowed from the portaudio port, fixes obsolete path
	@${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's|machine\/soundcard.h|sys\/soundcard.h|' \
		${WRKSRC}/../portaudio_v18_1/pa_unix_oss/pa_unix_oss.c

post-install:
.if !defined(WITHOUT_EXAMPLES)
	( ${MKDIR} ${EXAMPLESDIR} && \
		${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/demo.py ${EXAMPLESDIR}/ )
.endif

.include <bsd.port.mk>

Pontus Stenetorp              	E-mail: ninjin at kth.se
Drottning Kristinas väg 73 1:2	URL: http://www.d.kth.se/~ninjin
114 28 Stockholm, Sweden     	Tel: (+46) 8 5000 39 37