xpi updates

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 30 09:00:07 UTC 2007

Dear xpi-extensions maintainers,

Some of you granted me an implicit approval for
routine updates of your xpi ports. That was some
time ago and now I ask you to renew the approval.
If you want to, just reply to this mail (you
don't need to include all the recipients, of
course) to tell me it's okay.

I would gladly send you patches for approval, but
in most cases an update takes a few seconds, while
the total time spent on patches and approvals can
amount to minutes per update. It's just a question
of efficiency.

Here's a tentative list of outdated extensions:
display qouta
adblock plus
cutemenus crystalsvg
session manager
stumbleupon
unplug

That's a small list and it means you're doing a
great job!

In other news, addons.mozilla.org engine has been
updated. New releases are to be found in "addons/
XPI_NUM" subfolders (as opposed to "extensions/
XPI_DISTNAME").

So if you're updating/adding a recent release
from addons.mozilla.org, you should notice the
number in its URL (usually 3 or 4 digits) and set
XPI_NUM=<number> in the port. The xpi infrastruc-
ture will then seek the distfiles in the proper
subfolder.

Thanks!