ports installation location

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:56:33 UTC 2007

On 3/29/07, Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com> wrote:
> How does one specify a non-standard location for installing a port?
>
> For example I want to have multiple instances of www/joomla installed for multiple virtual hosts. How can I best go about this?

I haven't tried this, but looking at the ports Makefile, it looks like
you can install it to multiple locations as follows:

cd /usr/ports/www/joomla
sed -i'' -e "s at www/joomla@%%JOOMLA_DIR%%@" pkg-plist
make PKGNAMESUFFIX=_vh1 JOOMLA_DIR=www/joomla_vh1 install

The sed is required to fix the pkg-plist, as it hardcodes the install
directory to www/joomla (PR sent).

> How about upgrades?

You would have to upgrade it manually, by first deleting the port, and
then using the same make comand that you used to install it.

To use port management tools (portmaster, portupgrade, ...), you would
need to create a port for each virtual host as following:

 - create www/joomla_vh1 directory
 - create www/joomla_vh1/Makefile

 # port for virtual host: X
 #
  PKGNAMESUFFIX= _vh1

  MASTERDIR= ${.CURDIR}/../joomla

  JOOMLA_DIR= www/joomla${PKGNAMESUFFIX}

  .include "${MASTERDIR}/Makefile"

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.