How many distfile downloads

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 24 12:49:07 UTC 2007

Karel Miklav píše v so 24. 03. 2007 v 12:17 +0100:

> I'm thinking about putting a larger distfile on my
> server and I'd like to know how it will affect the
> bandwidth.
>
> How many downloads can be expected from automated
> processes?

My port seen over course of February 2007

- 2 hits from bill fenner's portsurvey

and that's it. ;)

The rest are actual people installing the port. This is hard to predict.

> Is there any statistics for port popularity or something?

I'm afraid we don't have such statistics. But you can check number of
people subscribed to updated on Freshports for your port.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

It's the classic Microsoft security-bulletin formula: "The vulnerability is
important (never dangerous); you have nothing to fear and no reason to regret
trusting us; we have no intention of apologizing for it or even explaining it
adequately; now go get your patch, shut up, and be grateful nothing bad has
happened.
  -- The Register