Openssh

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Mar 21 12:43:55 UTC 2007

> Alfredo Perez wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I noticed that Openssh port shows in the list of ports that need to be updated
> > to the latest version (4.6), I dont have much experience updating a port but If nobody is working on that, I would really like to give it I try?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Alfredo
>
> install portmaster from the ports tree and let it update it for you.
> its pretty easy

I think he's referring to generating a set of diffs and submitting a PR, as
the OpenSSH in the ports tree is only 3.6.1

Alfredo:
Start by reading The Porter's Handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html

Different ports require different levels of expertise to create -- I don't
know what you're getting yourself in to with OpenSSH -- it could be easy
or hard, but the place to start would be that handbook.  If you hit specific
problems, post the details of where you get stuck to the list and I'm sure
others will help out.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com